Friday, February 24, 2006

Voting for American Idol...

For the first time ever, two days ago, I voted for an American Idol contestant...Taylor Hicks. Why? Three reasons:

1) He's a throwback to the edged soul/r&b school of guys like Joe Cocker, whose work still stands out from the 60's, despite later in life choices to go more pop.

2) He's prematurely grey. We gotta stick together.

3) Karla "The Mad Gypsy" Sasser, perhaps the woman in the world I am the most fond of who is still publicly talking to me (you'd be amazed who still keeps contact but I can't reveal it), contacted me and let me know she knows him...and her endorsement has always been good enough for me.

So I voted, and deep inside there's a part of me that wants to believe that my vote mattered. Probably not, as he is that talented, and stands out at this level of compettition, but nonetheless. Go for it, Taylor. I'm waiting to see if you uncork "Feelin' Alright" at some later stage of the competition.

Spoke with Tag last night, we need to sit down and synergize what I can do to help launch his book later this spring...

1 comments:

William F. DeVault said...

Amen, but I started turning in high school...and Taylor is only 29.

But I earned mine, after the fact.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved