Sunday, February 26, 2006

Qucik Sunday Morning Recap

Good working session with Tag last night at Books A Million...we settled several things involving his forthcoming book and a potential poetry festival in the area.

Came home and had a nice call with Anastacia, got filled in with her universe. She's the one who told me about Don Knotts passing. I was a little regretful that his illness last summer had cheated me of the chance to meet the man in person, but now I am more so. As a child I had been entertained by his television and film work...

Which leads me to my only Don Knotts story...when I was at Morgantown Junior High School my social studies teacher was Mrs. Madiera (not Mrs. Madia, that was the art teacher) and she was in her last year teaching, she was retiring after we graduated up to Morgantown High School. But she told us more than once about how, in her first year teaching, one of her students was Don Knotts, who won the school talent contest with a ventriloquial act. Nice bookend effect there.

Anyway, much to do today...more tomorrow, and the future doesn't take care of itself.

(I recall Spanky and Our Gang's song "Sunday Morning"..."It's so quiet in the street you can hear the sound of feet walking by...you put coffee on to brew, we can have a cup or two, then do what other people do on Sunday morning...")

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved