Saturday, February 11, 2006

dying in my sleep doesn't kill me

I wonder what Nietsche would say

I'd always heard that if you died in a dream, you died. But I died in a dream last night. Crushed in an instant beneath a tsunami, standing on a beach while others either, as I did, stood there, aware of the futility of flight, or fled.

It was interesting, as it was not until afterwards, as I awoke, that I realized I'd violated an old wives' tale. What was remarkable was not only the clarity of the dream, but the fact that I did not invoke my own policy in lucid dreaming and wake myself up (or fly away, or hold back the wall of water, I estimate it was about 150 feet high as it came upon me). Curious.

I'm fine, my heart didn't give out, my brain didn't shut down and I certainly didn't wake up drenched in sweat and urine. Guess I have one more thing I can relax about now.

While I am still alive, thanks to everyone who has gone and listened to, or downloaded, the Valentine's Day podcasts for From Out of the City...it already looks to be, as anticipated, the most listened to show yet (and V-day is still three days away). If you haven't yet...Radio City of Legends has the program, plus both the Romantic and the Erotic tracks as separate entities, or you can pick it up on Apple iTunes Music Store (where it is free). You can also hook up with them on archive.org , home of most of my podcasts and the remarkable Wayback machine.

So, what's your excuse? The City of Legends should be on your itinerary for Valentine's Day, whether to set the mood or get you in the mood or give you some good ideas. And, no, I left "The Penetrating Rose" out of it this year. Maybe next year.

If a tsunami doesn't get me.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved