Tuesday, February 07, 2006

sacrifices made in the name of poetry

That's better, a little sleep. Brain working. Eyes open. Tarzan hungry...be right back.

Even better, now...damn, low on caffeine.

The worst part wasn't the disorientation from exhaustion. The worst part was that I was so tired I didn't watch Letterman last night and therefore missed him shaving Ben Roethlisberger (mission accomplished, SuperBowl won, he could ditch the lucky beard)

Vaguely reminiscent of something mother used to bake...er, no, vaguely reminiscent of the whole Broadway Joe Namath stunt, when Pete Rozelle told him that NFL players could not have facial hair and ordered him to shave the Fu Manchu mustache he'd grown in the offseason, he contracted with a shaving cream company for an endorsement...

and they call Pete Rose "Charlie Hustle"!

Anyway, back to the grind...should have the erotic show put to bed (interesting metaphor there) tonight and can then focus on "Track C" - the "Adults only" concept I haven't promised, but will explore.

That's how a prince in exile spends his time...

Still missing Peri immensely. Part of me imagines this is her way to get me into a suicidal funk, to prove her theory that I need meds. Don't bet on it, beloved daughter. I timeshift my emotions as necessary to adapt...how do you think I survived those first months in Venice Beach? My heart may be a patchwork, but it works.

And better than most.

I wonder who has been poking around my website looking up key phrases from "The Panther Cycles"...my internal search function has been busy. I have no way of knowing who or even from where these searches originated, but the phrases used were precise wordings, and seemed to revolve around Cassiopeia, the child that the Panther had dreamed of having with me.

I like a mystery, it keeps my mind active and alive. Not ready for the worms, yet.

Great response on AuthorsDen to two new erotic poems (links included):

genii I previously posted here, this poem was inspired by a past lover's insistence on calling me her "Genie" - personally I prefer the spelling Genji, but that confuses people - it's nice to have a reputation as a miracle worker.

Feral With Desire A subtle little work that opens with the line "I want to enter you..." that was goaded from me when Tag indicated he thought "genii" was predictable.

Check them out, if you would...it's the week before Valentine's Day, for heaven's sake!

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved