Monday, February 20, 2006

The Cover for Theocricide

Before E.J. gets to scoop me, this is the last info I will allow out about my next book, THEOCRICIDE, before it publishes later this year. Behold the cover:


I am satisfied with it. That is good. It has a certain organic charm to it, a certain otherworldly beauty. I am sure there will be critics of it. Screw them and the festering turds they rode in on.

The volume itself will be large-format, like THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES, and as of last edit has just over 600 works in it. The line about "essential poetry" was E.J.'s...it gets the word "poetry" into the title.

The frontispiece is still under evaluation, but the introductory quote to the volume will be the opening lines of my poem "theocricide at Mach 10e6" for which I coined the word. The poem was originally written for the death of the woman who was to have been my Mother-In-Law and whose death affected me greatly, Mary Wiles Lusebrink.

"By death is the shadow granted substance.
In pain is the sinner reborn saint."

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved