Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Morgantown Suite Poems gets plugged

Well, the Dominion Post finally ran the photo of me handing off the royalty check to Arts Monongahela for THE MORGANTOWN SUITE POEMS. Awful picture (I look like I just spent twenty minutes getting inflated beyond legal limit) but maybe it will spur sales of the book. I have not been aggressive at promoting it. Heck, I haven't even been passive in promoting it (it came out just six weeks before THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES and got lost in the mists).

My view has always been that ArtsMon should be peddling it, as they get all royalties...I do have creditors to pay and need to focus on paying gigs. But I also recognize that they are not retailers.

It's a great book, though. And I think people who do not order it and live in or near Morgantown, or just love the slice-of-a-life observances in it are missing out. From local landmarks to high school romances, from the impact of shopping malls on downtown merchants to remembering absent friends, it is all there.

You can always drop by my bookstore. And merchant inquiries should go through Arts Monongahela.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved