Monday, February 13, 2006

Conjured by Your Heart

for Valentine's Day, a gift to a goddess in the shadows...


I can be patient
and wait for you
in silent moments
head bowed
eyes closed
breath slow and purposeful
counting the moments
until you speak my name
in a summoning tone
invoking me to step

step through the wind
and join you
and join with you
to find a madness
sweet and sharp
like a soft kiss
gone hungry
like soft limbs
gone taut
like soft hands
demanding

commanding my performance
as a barter for the night
a barter for delight
that I will not fail you in

ever again
if you dare raise eyes to skies
and call to me
to remind me
of an oath made to be unafraid
of what may come
as long as I know your heart.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"How shall I invoke thee?
with rose petals and lavender
or Rue for sorrow...
Shall I light a red candle
joined with a needle sharp
to pierce your heart
with thoughts of me...
Or bind us together
in a circle of salt
Blessed by the Sea.
How shall I invoke thee?
A tiny doll stitched
with your face
or a waxen image
carved in a semblance
of your grace.
How shall I invoke thee?
I name you Love
And wait for you to answer..."

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved