Monday, February 13, 2006

pink meringues and the objectification of women

I had to rack my brain earlier...someone challenged me on the lack of poems about breasts in my catalog. I knew I had a phrase for breasts, I just could not remember it...took me forever...

"pink meringues"

Yes, that's it!

I had a good friend, once, who was both a poet and an artist, she was thinking of putting together an exhibit and book entitled "Parts of a Woman". If a man did that, even I, he'd be ripped from limb to limb as objectifying women. But if a woman does it, it would be okay.

That having been said, don't be surprised what I post here and on Author's Den over the next day or two...I am trying to get into the head space necessary for this week's substitute show, if needed.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved