Sunday, February 12, 2006

my survival playlist

I have a playlist on iTunes. Music, not poetry. Well, song...which are a fusion.

I call it "adrenaline"...because when I am weary, it kicks me in the ass...

Today has been the third longest day of my life, as I recall them. I anticipate a long night. Anniversaries are like that. You wouldn't have me any other way. I'm the guy who can tell you the anniversary of the first kiss he ever shared with a woman, her favourite colour, the scent she wore the last time I saw her.

So, I need the shadows...Icarus gains momentum as he falls. And, as long as the wax holds, he'll be fine.

What's on this list? This psychoreactive intravenous blast? Well, I won't tell you all of the pieces, but included are:

"Every Picture Tells a Story" by Rod Stewart. How can you not react to that?

"Bring Me Some Water" by Melissa Etheridge. Bam. Bam. Bam. With irony (for me).

"Fat Bottomed Girls" by Queen. You got a problem with that?

"Criminal" by Fiona Apple. Yeah, I know...odd choice. I used to sit in a theatre in Santa Monica, waiting for the movie to start, during the first exile, and for some reason this piece played almost every time. It is a sure time and space trip back to that time in my life.

"The Boy in the Bubble" by Paul Simon. A reminder of just how miraculous this universe is. And a great piece of music in its own right.

Hey, WVU just beat Georgetown...yay!

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved