Monday, February 27, 2006

Monday Morning and the skies are sort of grey with a hint of mint

Bleah.

Monday morning. Double shot of caffeine, please. Hot shower, hot shower. Shake out the cobwebs.

Normally Mondays are glide days for me, I just teach on Monday night, but I volunteered for some stuff this morning, so I (best William Shatner impression) have...to...wake...up.

Where to begin? Did some stylistic updates to front page of City of Legends yesterday, sort of tightened it up, darkened it up and spiced it up...check it out if you have a moment.

Had a nice talk with someone at Books-A-Million the other night. I had read there, last year, and was thinking of doing so again this year...she flat out told me I should be reading there "all the time"...I could be convinced. I have hesitated approaching the Barnes and Noble people, locally. B&N has a long history with me, going back well before my 2002 tour...I've been usually undazzled by their razzle-dazzle, and their tendency to put me either at the front of the store or in the bowels of the netherworld, not good. Although, I admit, in my collection of posters from past tours, theirs are the nicest.

I may go check out the Dance Concert 2006 at West Virginia University this week. As my old friend Carole Weidebusch, I think her title is assistant director for the show, said, "Think of all those lovely muses running around on stage." She keeps hoping I'll write a poem or 86,000 about their dance program at WVU, there is one about her in my book THE MORGANTOWN SUITE POEMS, so you never know. I'm appreciative of a beautiful young woman, but to actually get involved with someone that young, they would have to be something extraordinary, and not just in the kip, although most young lovers are unimpressive in that manner, thinking that if they show up you should be grateful. Most women younger than their mid-thirties lack the maturity, poise, intellect and life experience to be more than a passing fancy. (Now watch someone prove me wrong.)

But, heh, you know me. Still looking, not for a constellation, but a star, a planet, some one, some place, to dig in and weather the rest of this corporeal existence. I'm not picky, she just needs to be brilliant and beautiful and passionate and funny and kind and spiritual and loving and literate and affectionate and clever and limber and sweet and tall and classy and honest and sane.

Aside from that, the doors are wide open (actually, I might even compromise on a few of those...like sanity...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I'm not picky, she just needs to be brilliant and beautiful and passionate and funny and kind and spiritual and loving and literate and affectionate and clever and limber and sweet and tall and classy and honest and sane"

you're not asking for much, are you?

William F. DeVault said...

Everyone wants everything, we accept what we accept. There's a world of difference between most people's ideal and their reality, and that's why guys like Hugh Hefner get rich, pimping illusions, (Actually, not a fan of Hef's work, prefer my women with some self-esteem, dignity and original body parts.)

I'll take honest, literate, sweet and sane. But so far most of the other items have been easier to find.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved