Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Rosewood Theater is dead

The Rosewood Theater is dead. erk.

Just saw the news in the Dominion Post. Since 2004 the downtown Morgantown venue had been trying to make a go of it in a general no-man's-land between the entrenched bar band scene of the beer and bluegrass focused Morgantown and WVU's lock on major name talent (thanks to the purchasing power of student activity fees and your tax dollars)...had I known they were struggling I might have pitched in, but since I did not...it's like reading an obit of an acquaintance and seeing it mention all he needed was a kidney transplant to survive...you feel a little guilty, even though you didn't know he was sick and aren't sure you would have been a good donor...

Nevertheless...Gary Tannenbaum, who made the Blue Moose Cafe what it is (including the centerpiece of my 2002 return to Morgantown) deserves a lot of credit for opening such a fine place and I hope he sits back, adjusts his strategy and plows forward again, this time to greater success and victory. If you need any assistance, GT, just drop me a dime, you know where to find me.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved