Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day message

Since Valentine's Day is to me, as "The Romantic Poet of the Internet" (a sobriquet which people still mangle...hey, I didn't make the damn thing up, Yahoo stuck me with it almost a decade ago) what All Hallow's Eve (Halloween) is to witches and the 4th of July to people who like to see things blow up but really don't know jack about U.S. history, I feel I should do something special today.

What? I'm not sure. So just let me tell you all I wish for more, stronger, purer and more passionate love in all of your lives in the coming year. Keep your eyes, your arms and your hearts open.

Love is nothing new, yet never grows old. Just as Shakespeare wordjacked "Pyramus and Thisbe" to write "Romeo and Juliet" (did you honestly think the lovely story of "Shakespeare in Love" was true? Oh, you sweet, romantic simpleton!) love is forever new and bold but also resonant throughout recorded and disremembered history.

Feel free to lift lines from my poems for your personal Valentine's Day message to whomever you are courting or trying to hang onto, I respect that (no one will bitch you out for it, trust me).

I wish anyone and everyone joy, love and a peaceful heart this day. May, if nothing else, one perfect kiss lay in wait for you...uh oh...good line...sounds like a poem spark...


read between the lines and find what lurks behind the veil
a tale to tell as hearts may swell to seize the day as rapt.
sprung from where you wouldn't dare and yet would ever dream
a perfect kiss that lays in wait to place claim upon your heart.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

Pax vobiscum.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved