Wednesday, February 08, 2006

All over the place

February 8, 2006...

That's today? Sheesh. Where have the years gone? Ever have that? You look at something and suddenly you feel like you have stepped back and placed it in context and there is a great sense of how much time or distance has gone? And has yet to go?

Remarkable: When someone buys a retail copy of THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES, paying the extra ten bucks the middle man gets when it is sold through a bookstore. Just a comment.

I have a portfolio of artwork my daughter gave me a few years back, of her student artwrk. Some of it is quite remarkable, including this one, haunting piece of a family of gorillas...I am considering having it professionally framed as part of my wedding present to her and Brian. (smirk) With my luck the glass will get broken in transit and that will be one more sin I am guilty of, but it is a marvelous piece and I think she'd understand the gesture. When I was cast out of Mississippi, that folder was one of the few things I took with me (I was riding a bus, little could come...I was reminded the whole time of "All That You Can't Leave Behind" by U2.

I have not been to the desert for so long. During my trip for Peri's wedding, I must. Maybe the boys will come with me and we shall see if it is in their soul, too. Be nice to have Brian and Peri along, but I figure she may be a bit busy. While I admire her industriousness and determination, I worry she is taking on too much (a genetic failing, I fear, don't even look at my "To Do" list in stickies on my Mac...)

Tomorrow I start my walks, again, my knee, which I twisted in a fall a few weeks back, has healed. Time to get back to work, God and time wait for no one.

I have to admit, when a writer whose work I haven't read yet on Authors Den leaves a comment on one of my works, I go to their site to see what they are about. And, yes, am more likely to if they have a female name. Hey, I'm about to officially go feral again, just looking for someone to make the madness worth it. Although I figure my next muse will drop like a winged messenger from a parted heavens, it pays to have your eyes open for the show. There are some very interesting candidates out there.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved