Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Tuesday morning meander

Okay, I'm awake now. I've actually been up for about two hours...but I was achy and slightly disoriented from exhaustion (you clear a meadow, drive for eight hours, edit three books, write two others, engage in light hearted banter with various friends and admirers AND rework the heavens and the earth...see how tired you are.

I did admit to Anastacia that I am seeing this next year as kind of my ballistic trajectory year. I spent too much energy and attention on things in the last several years unrelated to my writings, so for the next several months, that's my focus...I'm climbing into the catapult, aiming for the tower, and cutting the cord...I will reach the battlements...or make a large, crimson stain on the wall.

My thoughts are still chaotic (imagine what I might have accomplished if I didn't think like an adult-ADD drug advertisement on television...nothing, actually. We have reached the time in our social evolution when anyone who has anything resembling a personality needs medication. Sorry, boys and girls, I like thinking faster than most. Yes, there are drawbacks, just as birds give up bone density for flight, but I've seen normalcy. C.S. Lewis was right. Most people are failed experiments.)

Seeing the boys just made me miss Peri more. Dante wasn't feeling well, but he was game and cheerful. Elric was...Elric...constantly engaged in being constantly engaged in any conversation taking place, anywhere. Totally adorable, both of them.

I am considering, after my physical collapse in August-September, putting together a wedding present for Brian (I like him, aI think they are both very fortunate) and Peri...seeing how "101 Great Love Poems" (go and buy it, now...you must go and buy it, now) has been so successful as a gift book for graduates and people getting married, I am considering doing a book of just wedding poems, targeted to people not only as a gift book, but as a book of poems suitable to be read or recited at weddings. Then, sign over the royalties to them. That may be pocket change...or, if the spark of my arc catches (and I do make it to the battlements) it could be worth a lot. I am daily beaten down by the fact that I have been unable to do for Peri all I want to...

Oh, and a shout out to NIN (Nine Inch Nails)...I heard about your cancelling your MTV Awards gig over political issues. You'd think a channel that has the gall to tell twelve year olds they need to be pimpin' and humping on camera would have the cajones to allow free speech. I guess the suits are gutless, as usual. I'll just do what any responsible citizen will do...vote with my feet and my wallet. I'm, personally, boycotting MTV. They have gone from vanguard to vasectomy. All dick, no kick. They're off my cable remote. And I personally will not miss them, as they have so gone down in quality in the last several years, turning their back on the music (they should be called LTV for "lame").

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved