Monday, May 16, 2005

holographic reality

A long, long time ago I read that if you break a hologram into pieces, you do not get pieces of the full image, but each piece as a hazier view of the full image...the smaller the piece, the hazier the view.

So it is with reality...we collect pieces of life and then try to look at enough of it at once to make some sort of sense in the universe. There are too many things I just plain do not know for certain...too small of slivers of the whole are in my mind and memory.

So, this is where faith comes in. I wish I had more to go on in some areas than faith, but at the same time, the necessity of belief, of believing in people even after they have seemingly let you down is something that makes us better people.

Jesus made reference to this notion in saying that if you only treat people as well as they treat you, you are not better than they are. It is mercilessly tough sometimes, to rise above our environments, to choose to be good.

Soundtrack for my mood today: "I am a rock" - Simon & Garfunkle

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved