Friday, May 13, 2005

Toastmasters, a Mad Gypsy and Referral Scripts

Friday morning. Friday the 13th morning.

I actually don't have any major issues with Friday the 13th (aside from the fact that the only surgery I've ever had (which I should point out saved my life) was on a Friday the 13th). I've never really had bad luck on F13. But, it's fun to joke about.

Toastmasters' meeting today...I think it is the only one over the next month or two where I am NOT scheduled to speak. Gonna wrap up my 10th speech by July...Great group of people, and I recommend the organization to anyone, even if you don't need major help with your public speaking. Yes, it is scary inviting critique, but it is also liberating to know you invited it and can deal with it.

Dropped a note to a muse yesterday. Saw that John Cusack has a new film coming out this year ("Must Love Dogs" and it has one of my all time "yum" people, Diane Lane, whom I have been a fan of since "Streets of Fire" and found her performance in "Unfaithful" to be incredible) and I remember that Karla, the Mad Gypsy (background music: Tupelo Honey) is a huge Cusack fan (took her to see "Grosse Point Blank", terrific film) adores him...got a humourous poke back about getting a "personal note from the master" (she gets my newsletter, so that's how she usually hears from/about me) I should point out to her that she was one of the first people to push me to accept Ann's overtures (she felt that we were a "better match", WTF?)

I have spent a little time out on the web, looking for a good referral script to use on my website, so that people can fire off a link to a favourite poem to a "friend" (since many of my poems are romantic in nature, they may be more (or intended to be more) than a friend. Haven't found the perfect one yet...if you have any suggestions, let me know. The perfect script should be customizable, or at least generic. By the way, find the term "viral marketing" while accurate, extremely dubious in taste.

Sex? Not lately, this is my longest period of self-enforced celebacy since...er...well, ever. Drugs? No. And I can point to my accomplishments as evidence that this was a good decision. Rock and Roll? Yes, please...ahhh. that's better.

Hey, they're putting out a new Diet Coke with Splenda. Since the inexplicably stupid people at DPSU pulled Diet RC (tastes great and the only cola made with Splenda) because...er...because...ummmm...because...ehhhhh...because of no sane reason, those of us who do not like brain lesions and liver failure and slowed metabolisms and oral sores and the runs have been stranded. There is a God, He just tries to not get involved.

aigh. more editing today. I hate editing my own work.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved