Sunday, May 08, 2005

mother's day morn and a splitting headache

Woke up this morning with a splitting headache....such is life...something in the air...

somehow was immediately reminded of last Mother's Day and its aftermath...

(I wrote up a long and detailed description of the whole event, then pulled it, as I would be no better than they if I spoke of the people involved in this matter...I'm trying not to return hatred for hatred, fear for fear, cowardice for cowardice, venom for venom...but considering all that was taken from me by those very core values, it is some days difficult to hold my tongue)

...I talked my ex out of legal action, telling her that I was sure it would just be a waste of money and energy, and gossipers and liars will still play in the shadows, cowards that they are.

But, on the plus side, my own mother is in good health and spirits, and this will be a busy day all around...I've got a 4-mile walk ahead of me this morning, followed by my Quaker Meeting, lunch out with the family for Mother's Day and then a date this afternoon (who? where? what? sorry, there are some cards I am going to play close to my vest.)

There is a great fog outside, one of those late Spring, early Summer events that obscure the hills around you and remind me of my early morning paper routes as a kid. It is nostalgic, and I am glad to see it (but would not like to be driving in it.)

We went to a Mother's Day Gospel Sing last night, a local tradition that was co-founded by my cousin Lottie Koon (of "The Gospel Sinigng Koon Family") who passed away this past Fall. About 400-450 showed up and it was quite pleasant. I don't really sing in church anymore (in my denomination that's sort of not done, but not officially frowned upon on the outside) but I used to when I was younger, and it was good to see so many people I know.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved