Saturday, May 07, 2005

in the hollows of my mind

what is the dream of the three panthers was what it is, but that the people I have identified as the three panthers are not?

I guess history will determine that.

(Pondering too many things at a time...I am allowing myself too much reflection, but when I am deep within, under my skin, I can see the shadows on the wall from the fire I feed with my passions. it is as close in this life as I dare get to it.)

I have finished the second section edits on Gina's book...I have The Morgantown Suite and The Compleat Panther Cycles almost ready to go. I hope, one day, to see Ann's book that I put so much time into helping her prepare, but may or may not, I hope it does not languish, but when you surrender control you have to walk away. Shake the dust from your sandals.

I got my new shipment of INVOCATO copies today...all the original shipment sold out the first night of the tour...duh...I had underestimated their appeal.

This is going to be a phenomenal year.

I have almost completed the annotations to the P'cycles...I have lined up a foreword, I'm negotiating a cover (wouldn't want to recycle the PanthEon cover, despite the fact I paid top dollar for it...she might get in one of her self righteous snits agin and this time I may open my mouth and speak the barren truths) and it's looking good.

I look back on the past week, the past month, the past year and it is remarkable how much has been accomplished. And I have done it all without having to vindicate myself. That's tough for me, sometimes, as have a problem when I know I'm being used as a scapegoat.

I'm leaving in a bit to go down to Fairmont for a reading, although a part of me is just wanting to go pull a Venice Beach and just sit in my corner and write and let those who see evil in the Rorschach of my words stew in their own perceptions.

It is tempting.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved