Wednesday, May 25, 2005

long day, resonances abound

Tomorrow is, I believe, the 1 year anniversary of my leaving Missisippi...things have pretty much played out in that arena as anticipated. Sigh. What can you do? Many of my personal effects, my yearbooks, certain personal artifacts, as well as my coffin, are missing and presumed lost forever, but I lost something more important to me...a friend. And, as much as I have messed some things in my life up, even she admitted to me that this was not of my doing. For us guys in the habit of wearing leotards and jumping over buildings, having to stand aside while disaster rolls by is not an easy task.

Spent a busy day working on various writing/editing and publicity projects. I've never been busier. Did take a few hours off this evening to watch the season finale of "Lost"...damn. For once I think I understood the whole episode.

Tag dropped me a line and let me know what he thought about his first exposure to the more erotic cycles from the P'cycles...yep, definitely not for the kiddies...I probably need to come up with some sort of parental advisory for the cover...which will serve two purposes: 1) Gets me off the hook with anyone complaining and 2) increases sales. Who says you can't win 'em all?

I've dropped any thought of using the model I'd spoken with, and now have put a couple of the ancilliary material writers on notice. Don't have time to wait for others. Get on the train or get out of the way (I told that to Ann once, she never listened...and she was a good bit more dear to me than just about anyone I have ever dealt with).

Will be going to Virginia this weekend to do some yard work for Jan, and to visit with the boys. I'll be staying with friends (hey, only recently I have been allowed back in the house because I made the mistake of commenting on the status of the housecleaning...) Shakespeare was right about life.

It's not that there are more evil people than good people in the world. It's that there are so many more gutless people in the world. Cowardice is considered a virtue.

When I think of virtue, I mean real moral character, integrity, self-sacrifice. Everybody is so damned busy trying to save their own skins that they only prolong the test, because life isn't about life.

But no matter how many times the fable of the scorpion and the frog is acted out...I'll still stop to lend a hand.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved