Friday, May 06, 2005

Okay, profile is up and running...nap time

In no particular order, what's on my mind at the moment.

On June 9th (Peri's birthday), I'm putting out "The Morgantown Suite"...considering the reception that Morgantown has given me up till now, I figure it will go over like a bag of turtles, but maybe Meghan at ArtsMon can make a winner of it.

On June 16th, or thereabouts, there's a reception in Charlestion for the release of the AEI's "Art and Soul" book, profiling 50 outstanding creative artists from West Virginia, myself included. Here's the link to the list. Nice to be mentioned alongside some of them:
Art and Soul List and Info
This raises a few random questions:

---Do I go?

---Do I go stag?

---If not, who do I invite?

---Should I take the Governor an autographed copy of "The Morgantown Suite"? and should it be just signed by me, or maybe get the City Council from Morgantown to sign it? (Of course, these are the same guys who, when I wrote them last year to let them know I was back in town, the majority never responded to me, two shrugged their shoulders and the third started sending me opportunities to do volunteer work. Venice Beach really looked good after that warm reception.)

---Do I take a stack of books to give out to fellow attendees and honorees? Considering the list, not a bad marketing ploy.

On July 18th "The Compleat Panther Cycles" launches. Wow, already the buzz is starting to gnaw away at my brain...people I did not expect have resurfaced, as if God Himself put them in a deep freezer to await my resurrecting these. Regardless of how you feel about me, her, or the works themselves, so much of my reputation is tied up in them.

On August 17th I am supposed to speak at the Greater Morgantown Arts Festival...I'll see exactly what I want to talk about, but I will use it to kck off my fall tour...there have been dozens of suggestions for the tour, the leading candidates are "Out of the City", "Lock Up Your Daughters" and "City of Legends 2005".

Still only working part time, teaching, spending the rest of my time freelance editing books for others and working on my books. It has been much tougher getting a regular day job around here than I expected...people keep telling me that I am overqualified, like that is a bad thing.

Point of karmic revenge: I can't substitute teach (very well full time teach) as I do not have a degree. They just named a new President of the School Board. Guess what? He doesn't have a degree either. God smirks.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved