Saturday, May 21, 2005

a thoroughly disorienting morning

Got up this morning and could not, for the life of me, get a handle on what day of the week it was...finally reconciled the issue by recalling there was nothing good on TV last night...which means it was Friday ("The Daily Show" is broadcast Mon-Thursday, and even its re-runs are better than most first-run shows)

Got a note from Dan McTaggart regarding the foreword he's writing for the P'cycles...have heard nothing now in over a week from either the model or the other foreword writer...I am getting steamed. May have to change a few things in the overall scheme of things...like find a new writer and a new model (or go to a non-model-dependent cover design). I don't need this crap.

Considering the hours I spent yesterday up to my ears in "The Morgantown Suite Poems" it was not surprising that the milieu for my dreams last night was a high school reunion. Very abstract dream, which may explain some of my disorientation this morning.

Ping'd KeyLogic on Thursday...it pays to check with companies who already know you when they are running ads...they may suddenly snap to...cover letter and resume went off Thursday at 9:34 am...still haven't even gotten a confirm of a receipt (K Callan, the business etiquette lecturer and author says that all contacts, email or phone, need to be at least acknowledged within 24 hours). Most of my resume, calls and emails have gone into a black hole over the last few years...American companies, for the most part, do not see themselves as liable for common courtesy. This merely redoubles my desire to start my own group...the decades of experience I've had within companies like CSC, CACI, Perot Systems, GE, et alia (hey, that would be an interesting name for a consulting group...have to see if it is taken) has taught me a lot about management, business modelling and how to differentiate. I think a lean, aggressive consulting model, which borrows heavily from the late, great Herb Karr's management model at CACI, with HQ in a hub zone where remotely billable talent can be gotten for a fraction of red-zone professional salaries while still not going overseas, could be a killer. I have a telephone book of old contacts who would gladly sell their grandmother to join such an outfit...

ah, where is all the money when you need it?

Back to the writing...

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved