Friday, May 20, 2005

if this is Friday, it must be...er...Friday

Going blind working on the book edits...have slipped the incomplete pdf of "The Compleat Panther Cycles" to the two people I have writing intro/foreword sections.

Busting my hump trying not to take "The Morgantown Suite Poems" for granted...don't want them to be the middle child. Just added a new piece entitled "first date blues"...I read back over it and laughed, as it is basically the true story of my disastrous dating career in high school. The girl I was going to take to the prom cancelled a few weeks before, when she came down with "morning sickness" due to her ex boyfriend and had to leave town. And that wasn't the worst situation...sigh.

Had a nice chat with Jan, my 1st ex. I am going down there next week to help clear up some maintenance/yard work and spend some time with my boys. I did find out the official date (at this time) for my daughter, Peri's wedding...and that was exciting (we have been estranged for almost a year...so evening hearing she's breathing is exciting...but like I told her a whiile back, my having a good relationship with her comes second to her being happy and safe. Yeah, it pisses me off, but what can you do but be patient and hope things break a new direction?)

Got really good feedback on the cover for the new book...now if I could just get some feedback from the model I'm trying to work with for "The Compleat Panther Cycles"...that would be good.

Will try and catch "Star Wars" this weekend...as time permits...much to do and finite time and I am a prisoner of other people's schedules, by choice.

Next three weeks will be a maelstrom. Then it gets really busy.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved