Sunday, May 22, 2005

online tantrum

Yesterday I signed up for the audioblogger.com service, to supplement my blog. I figured I'd wait until a quiet time today to do something with it. Record a poem, perhaps?

Well...

It's been down at least since I got up this morning...I can't get an answer on their phone line to leave an audioblog, and I can't seem to access any of their pages other than the FAQ (even the main page is dead)...

I hate downtime. Probably a really good reason for it, but still dislike the inconvenience.

My brother asked me to head over to the mall to pick him and his daughter (and I) tickets for a showing later today of "Star Wars: Revenge of the Product Placements". The only theatre in Morgantown (combined metro area nearly 100,00 people) to be showing the film is under construction work and only has about 150 seats...and it looks like they are only showing it in one theatre (smart move, guys...bet you're sorry you don't have all your seats open at this time...you'd be raking it in...Lucasfilm ought to kick your butts).

Well, I get there right after 12 only to see all the showings until 10 o'clock tonight already sold out. The annoyingly cheerful ticket seller informed me that because of advance sales (and the fact that they do not limit number of tickets per purchase) the showings had pretty much sold out the day before.

Another reason to miss LA...let's recap...the top twelve reasons why I miss LA...

My daughter, Peri, lives there
The smell of night-bloom jasmine
They know how to run movie theatres (and the movie screenings...)
Venice Beach at sundown
Venice Beach at dawn
The Pierview Restaurant
Gina, Lenny, and all my other friends
The 3rd Street Promenade
Anastasia's Asylum
The brilliant and beautiful ladies, particularly Professor Legs
Billy Vera and the Beaters, live, a couple of times a year
The closeness to the high desert, especially at Santa Ana Wind time.

Yeah, I know, you were expecting something funny. I felt like being real.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved