Sunday, May 29, 2005

Sunday, and the sky is blue

Had dinner yesterday with my boys (and my first ex). They were all great to hang with...I have to admit it makes the absence of my daughter from my life (we are estranged) more painful, though.

We had dinner at the Hard Times Cafe, where I had not eaten in several years. Dante experimented with different ways to eat cornbread, some highly impractical...Elric demonstrated his fondness for catsup by putting it on everything (a marked difference between him and my daughter, Peri, who despises catsup).

I spent the night with Tony and Anastacia. Ana was a good friend when I lived in LA and has remained loyal throughtout the years (she was unabashedly opposed to my second marriage, and her criticisms were fairly well borne out by history...)

I have a day in front of me...I will be doing what I can to tame the yard of the house I bought, then gave away in my first divorce...bittersweet to a large degree, but it needs done and this seemed like an excellent excuse to come see the boys.

Also, an excellent break from working on the books. Burnout looming, I have done more in the last few months than most will do in a lifetime...sometimes I wonder if I preconsciously am trying to make up for wasted days, or if I am just reawakening and full of energy...

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved