Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Tuesday morning and the dandelions know my name

I'm looking out the computer room window, eye-level (thanks to the topography of this town) with a patch of dandelions that have gone to seed. I know how they feel, some mornings...

Got most of my list from yesterday done, and signed up for Technorati, to track key phrases on a gazillion blogs. Watching "poetry", "DeVault" and a few phrases you don't need to know I track.

Class went very well last night, giving my MS Word/Powerpoint class a review before next week's final.

Had a nice call from my brother, Robert, this morning...he told me a tale about a friend who has just discovered his fiance is cheating on him with men she meets via online. Bummer for him. I remember when Pete Rosa was working on his book about internet relationships, he interviewed me...hey, I was the poster boy for both online romance and cybernetic marital infidelity for a season. I was sorry to see the book never came to fruition, owing to his early death. He was a good guy.

I've considered writing a book on the topic...it would at least be more authoritative than some of the crap that comes out on the topic, idiot talking heads on TV who have never lived the life, but read about it someplace.

I keep toying with signing up for a one day pass on one of those sites that promises they can find anyone. There are a few people, for various reasons, I'd like to find, to make sure they are okay and to apologize for the neglect my constraints over the last seven years had me in. Three, in particular, maybe four. I've narrowed down at least which state they are in, just by casual search...all of them are not where I left them (ha ha). I'll probably do my usual routine and ponder this until the world grows cold, never making a decision. I tripped over one the other day, her divorce filing last month. I know how she feels.

Found out that my friend, the Gooch, is leaving town mid-week, to head back to his hometown in Virginia. That sucks, but it is what's best for him, no doubt. I'll miss our discussions.

I found the mystery edit in "The Compleat Panther Cycles"...a typo that had stood for almost ten years..."wit" instead of "with" in one poem...somebody out there probably thinks I was just playing with dialect.

Well, have enough to keep me busy today, but I am sure I'll slide back here later.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved