Thursday, May 12, 2005

If It's Thursday, then it's Thursday

Rough night. For some reason or other, kept waking up (may have been the storms, but usually I sleep well through those, so maybe I was restless for other reasons)

No exciting email this morning...Brigit may have done her usual surface-for-a-day-then-go-away-for-months routine. argh. Well, at least unlike some people, she at least surfaces. No word from JIllian on her books (or Jezz just writing to be Jezz).

Four weeks until the release of "The Morgantown Suite" and the buzz is...er...there is no buzz. Some of that is my fault for having spent so much energy on the P'cycles and "INVOCATO"...part of it is the incipient apathy in Morgantown for anything that does not have the word "beer" in its title. (chortle-snort-snarfle) Regardless of what they think of it, regardless of whether or not ArtsMon really, really gets behind it (hey, they get all the royalties) it still is coming out. If asked to talk about it, pimp it or read from it, I shall...if not, at least it goes in my credits (book #7...there is a book #7, isn't there?)

I had run into an interesting fellow the other night at Books A Million. At the end of the long discussion I gave him my number, in case he ever wanted to talk later...he called yesterday, when I was in the middle of twelve things, I told him I'd have to get back to him...he gave me his number. And...I think I lost it. Damn. Well, maybe he'll read this. As a pet peeve of mine is people who slowly or never return calls (riles me to no end, bad business, you know, and besides it leaves the initiator wondering if you ever got the call or if there is a reason they are being ignored) I hate it when people think I'm ditching them.

Considering a March, 2006, release date for the memoir "Wings as Oft Leathery as Feathery"...updated to modern times. Part of me deplores kiss-and-tell books. Part of me is just so damn tired of the lies I have allowed. Lying to me is a sign of disrespect. Lying about me is a sign of betrayal, especially if I have done nothing to harm you. Invoking my own sense of loyal nobility to have me participate in your lies, only to throw them all on me when you get caught...well, you can imagine. Somedays I feel like those cheesy computers on old "Star Trek" episodes, where all Kirk has to do is tell them they are behaving illogically to get them to blow up.

Okay, back on focus. Will slip on the headphones shortly, program a track of Warren Zevon (Lawyers, Guns and Money; Mohammed's Radio), Matthew Sweet (Girlfriend), A3 (Woke Up This Morning) and Amy Grant (Good for Me)...hey this is my brain, not yours...get a life...and work on completing either of the pipeline books.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved