Friday, August 26, 2005

To Fro: equinox


I have an email from the visitor named Fro, who asks a straight forward question as to whom the poem "Equinox" is dedicated to. For those of you unfamiliar with the poem, here it is:

Equinox

There is a sweet evil in the innocent designs of passionate minds...
sliding past then around, then together, a death spiral of dreams....
touching at all points, even those we deny we would expose to the embrace
of the demons of our own passions...fashioned from the night you promised
but that never came, for you had caught me in the daylight...
and taken your fill in the killing light...and drinking deeply my prayers
of seduction as you took me in arms like the web of memory
and swallowed me like a shadow at equinox.

William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

I had to ponder this question, as it came out of my exile in Venice Beach, where I wrote for hours, even days, without relent and without conscious thought. I had to retrace my steps in my mind to the moment of this work's first breath...

I can say clearly, and purely, without doubt in my mind, that this was written to Alisha, the totem muse known as "The Truth" and "The Wisp"

I found her utterly fascinating. But we never went beyond a few kisses...she hinted that there might be more down the road...but it never came...and she has not been present in my life now in about seven years.

I'll post some more pictures tomorrow, more thoughts...and a surprise...

W

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. It's lovely work, one of my favorites. No, scratch that. My most favortie.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved