Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Final (?) Birthday Update

Final addendum (barring late returns from the West Coast)

My sons, Dante and Elric, as well as my first ex-wife, Jan.

My brother Dave

My sister Becky

(My brother Mark came by yesterday evening and dropped off his contribution to the new computer fund...)

Writer Karen Revolt. Nice lady, actually has read some of my works.

It's late enough that, aside from some late returns from the West Coast, I've probably seen what I am going to see...a little underwhelming from some, but I do thank those who did send their wishes, and am grateful for true friends. I apologize if, from time to time, I forget who my friends are; I am, after all, a creature of distraction and have often failed to show the faith, honor and gratitude that people deserve when they show kindness. And I refuse to give in to the malice of the world, it is a twisting and burning knot, this life, but you must learn to transcend disappointment, for that is what some people wish for you, to be punished for their sins, by their sins.

I'll try harder the next fifty years. No time for self pity or self doubt. Tomorrow looms. And, thanks to some of the oversights and insults of today and promises made, I'm going to save a small fortune over the next few months.

I'd still rather be the frog than the scorpion.
Shakin' the dust from my feet with style.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved