Wednesday, August 03, 2005

no Don Knotts for the festival

The most famous person to ever emerge from Morgantown, West Virginia is Don Knotts. More famous than Lawrence Kasdan, more famous than David Selby, more famous, even, than me (but will they still be watching Andy Griffith reruns in 500 years?)

As a kick off to the annual Arts Fest they were going to have a Don Knotts Festival here, complete with his presence and all sorts of honoring festivities. Word now reaches us that he will be unable to attend, owing to failing health. This, truly, disappoints me, but I understand.

I guess I'll just have to be all the more dazzling on my night, the 17th.

Oh good, more pressure. Damn you, Mr. Limpet!

Get stronger soon, Don, we'd like to see you.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved