Friday, August 19, 2005

Rating the Soiree

Okay, rating the Malt on the Mon fundraising soiree held by the Appalachian Education Initiative this evening:

Food: Solid 8
Drinks: 7+ Well, I had all the Diet Cokes I could hold, for free. I hear the Scotch was excellent. No San Pellegrino, bastards.
Conversation: 8. Not a lot of galvanizing communicants, but a few, notably Michael K. Paxton and his significant other, whose name escapes me at the moment (sorry!) And a few others, will report names when I recall them.
Women: 4. By Morgantown standards, I guess a 7, but overall, few eligible women.
Accolades: 9 They sucked up well, and the autographed copy of THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES went in the silent auction for nearly double the cover price.

So, a success.

On the other front, they have decided to do follow up surgery on my brother Robert...should be pretty minor and routine, but it is still surgery.

I am near to selecting a final name for my new 'puter when it arives...am leaning toward something mythological.

The dark side of me is starting to press his list of demands...I think I shall need to take a lover, soon, to appease him.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved