Tuesday, August 09, 2005

miscellany

Hey, I am the personification of digression today...

Got a note back from someone at Apple...they sent me some links to groups that do grants for writers. Ah well, not that I didn't already have them. The question was not "who will give me money for a new machine?" but "does Apple have any programs to make machines more affordable to creative artists/writers?" Guess I need next time to be less obvious in my wording...people get confused when you don't use adspeak.

Listened to Papa Roach's "Scars" on the way home from work today...damn, that song sums up the last months of my second marriage. Guys, take a bow and get the microphones out of my room, now.

I miss Bloom County. Bill The Cat lives.

Eight days until I am a free man...the reading will be over (and I seem to have managed to avoid any of the other linkages). Part of me regrets the estranged state of all my relationships, part of me is pleased that I can concentrate my energies on real things.

I took a peek inside that section of my brain I put to sleep as my marriage disintegrated (was it ever a real thing, or just a convenience until the gunpowder ran out ont he soles of my boots?), my sex drive seems to have been building nuclear weapons and launch vehicles. Maybe I better let it out to run before it figures out those seventh-dimensional equations I saw it scribbling on a blackboard. Question of the day: How did a blackboard get inside my head?

I am getting impatient for Diet Dr. Pepper to hurry up and go Splenda. Now. Get with it, buccos.

Best movie I have seen so far this year: Frank Miller's Sin City.

I miss Warren Zevon.

One day I'll just start runninng chapters from WINGS AS OFT LEATHERY AS FEATHERY on this blog and listen to the distant sounds as heads explode. Imagine if some of these people knew my motives, my actions and my thoughts. I will be a greater pariah than I already am, but at least I will have a clear conscience.

I'm going for a walk in a few days...I don't know the where, I just know I have to...it is part of the transition ritual, the symbolism of leaving something behind. God knows. And I answer to no mortal.

Peace.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved