Tuesday, August 16, 2005

My Online Birthday Party: Part One

Since today is my birthday, I figured I'd post here, in the order in which they arrive, the "guests" (those who wish me birthday greetings)...let's see what surprises I get!

So far, the first guests to arrive are:

Larry Jaffe.
Unexpected, but not unwelcome. If you don't know this guy, he's the king of spoken word in LA, a damn fine poet on his good days (on his bad days he's still the king of spoken word in LA) and wrote the foreword to my 2002 volume "Love Gods of a Forgotten Religion". He's also the guy I wrote "words to a well meaning friend" in The Compleat Panther Cycles to. He tried to warn me away from the woman, but my heart and pants had other notions. LGJ, you were right, I was wrong. But I did get some good poetry out of it. When I hit the City of Angels on tour next spring, I'd like to do a reading with you. (hey man, what a surprise, long time no see! and I appreciated the resonance of the coffee....when Larry's online showcase for poets was called "THe Incognito Cafe" I was twice named Poet of the Month)

My parents.
Hey, they kinda had to, but it was nice anyway. They also contributed to my computer fund. Mom, Dad, meet Larry. Mom, you and Larry can have a nice chat on comparative theology (inside joke).

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved