Saturday, August 20, 2005

ISO: a goddess

Having survived leopards, panthers, mad gypsies, angels, electric ladies, will-o-wisps and various other greater and lesser incarntions of passion and affection, I find myself on the great quest of Pellinore for Glatisant, the final quest, the path of dreams, the road of love.

I seek a queen worthy of my affections and all the lavishing of tender and eloquent emotions I can utter. Of course, I'm not just looking for someone to put on a pedestal, but a worthy helpmeet...a partner. A friend and lover, even a collaborator.

I'd like to find someone who has the soulfulness of the Panther, the empathy of the Mad Gypsy, the beauty of the Leopard, the intellect of the Swallow, the hunger of the Angel, the cleverness of the Truth, the open heart of the Goldenheart, the presence of Brigit and the sophistication (and legs) of Psyche. Transcendent to my tastes and desires. At one time or another, all of these have tried on the crown and either discarded it swiftly, or held to it for a few seasons. But, I am weary and will not give over this throne to a pretender, again.

Somewhere out there is my phoenix, my nemicorn, my Abstra...perhaps in the form of someone I already know or even have been involved with in the past, perhaps in the form of one still unknown to me, but I have not the heart for follies and foolscapery (don't bother looking it up, I coined it. bite me, I'm a poet)

I'd be more specific, but the greatest loves have been the unexpected ones. I await the surprises with hopeful anticipation and an open mind.

Don't think I am looking for perfection, a good fit is better than a perfect circle in my universe. I've loved the damaged, the deranged, the deceitful and the dull. Would rather not again, but who knows what comes with the next wind? I am tired of filling my belly with morsels and mould. I need a reason, an inspiration, a muse, a goddess. Okay, let's rule out the deceitful and the dull...the damaged and deranged, I'm practically their patron saint.

Is that so much to ask? Some say yes. But I have settled before and found the taste upon my tongue bitter and lingering. I would rather starve in a cold place than warm myself again upon a falsehood.

The Amomancer is back. He sings. And the world shall sigh for his goddess.

This I swear, this I swear.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved