Wednesday, August 24, 2005

theocricide

I'm already ahead of myself, working on the works to be used in the next book...I am so fired up since the reaction that THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES is getting, I can't hardly wait to start on the next one...besides, work is the great spiritual anesthetic.

to be mined from "from an unexpected quarter"


From Out of the City (signature work, can't be left behind)
Ritornelle: for Silence (I adore this piece, if I am the only one who gets it)
Traveler to an Antique Land (my tribute to a faded friend)
The Darker Angels (I think I shall use this as the epilog)
The Trellis of Human Experience (something I need to be reminded of, every day, along the way)
Eclipse (watching a lover grieve...how intense the image)
In The Garden (This work was overlooked due to an iUniverse editing snafu...it will get proper treatment this time)
I Will Wake You Tonight (love this work, the notion of waking up your lover in the middle of the night yo make love)
Sight: An Eloquence (somehow I sense Alisha's hand in this one)
A Touch of Heather (I never get tired of telling the story of the nuns in Ireland who banned me from their convent school)
Cithara Song, Strummed Lightly as the Sun Leaps the Horizon (one of the most remarkable works I think I shall ever write)
The Goldenheart Cycles (Kristina, wherever you are, your legacy shall outlive most)
Damascus (1-9) (in the season when they came, they were true and pure and perfect, I can recall that beauty...)

Others may be added later. These 69 pieces are a good start.

"Love Gods of a Forgotten Religion" should yield up another fifty or so.


Including:

I Rained Poetry (can't live without it)
Love Gods of a Forgotten Religion (what a great read!)
feasting on memory (such an earnest statement)
The Shadows in the Shade (the final word on the Panther)
Monument (one of the first and greatest of my romantic works)
Long-Haired Star (I love the verbal density of this work, it practically generates its own gravity)
Soubrette (how lovely)
The Night of a Thousand Colours (a thousand colours, imagine names for each)
Flourish (nice expression of regret)
dram (had Alisha lingered, what might have been writ?)
TRANSCENDENCE (farewell...)
Gibbous (what a short and simple erotic statement)
The Patchwork Skirt of My Love (classic, I agree)
Reborn ("take the snake of William Blake...")
32 fpsps (Love it, just love it)
...just to begin with!

No poems from the Panther Cycles. None from the Morgantown Suite Poems...Invocato may be another matter, though...I may subsume it in the new book.

No more the consort, I shall be the Amomancer. I apologize to those amongst my readers who have been waiting for me to find seventh gear.

To quote Ani DiFranco "I got distracted..."

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved