Tuesday, August 02, 2005

the tipping point

Woke up this morning...(sounds like the start of a good lyric for a theme song for, say, an HBO series about a mobster family. actually, if you've ever listened to the full piece by A3, nothing of the sort...)

Actually, woke up and asked myself (as I often do right out of bed) "How do you feel?" and the answer today was neither roses nor tombstones, just "eh". Not a bad "eh" or a defeatist "eh"...it's just a morning where I realize I am truly in the grey betwixt night and day and have not yet decided, by whatever means I might have the authority and power, which way to fall. In short, I'm on the tipping point.

So, I decided I'd take myself to about three steps this side of positive and play with that until I see where the world is and what's what.

Well, to inject a note political, I think our President (or, as I often call him, "the Pretendent") has just destroyed whatever chance he had of a positive legacy with his forced-placement of Bolton as our (yes, "our", we are the United States of America...and it is about time a lot of you out there remembered that Democracy is not a spectator sport to be left to foreign billionaires who push a tabloid agenda to aging couch potatoes) Ambassador to the United Nations. I understand that this is political payback time for Bolton, but to shaft the US and the World to help out a loyal supporter is not an act of a good person, it is the act of a tyrant. Hey, guys, "E Pluribus Unum" does not mean the one man is more important than all the people of this nation and this world.

I see EJ has been busy. I also hear we have resolved the "question crisis". Bene. When I converted to being a member of the Society of Friends I promised myself I would be as honest and forthright as I could, I really have some questions I don't want to answer...not because they harm me (I am pretty much beyond pain, beyond harm, now) but because they harm others. I am still on the fence over my memoir WINGS AS OFT LEATHERY AND FEATHERY not because it makes me look bad (it does at some points) but because it rips down mounds, mountains and mountain ranges of lies and distortions that have protected the guilty from the consequences of their own actions. We, as a species, as a society, live on "the lie" as the fuel to our collective self-esteem. He hide in the dark and pretend to be what we are not in order to make ourselves not have to deal with the truth.

Morning is almost upon us.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved