Monday, August 29, 2005

Had my physical today

I had my first physical in five years today, one of the deprivations of the former regime was I did not have health insurance for half a decade, forunately I never got really sick and continued my bulletproof ways (I've only been shot at once, and that's a story I'm not sharing, sorry). Won't know all the results of all the tests for a few days, but to my friends and readers, here's the straight dope so far:

For a man my age, I am in remarkable health.

I need to continue losing weight, to guard against future health risks (down about 30 pounds from when I was in Mississippi).

My blood pressure is normal, slightly elevated (but with what's going on down in Southern Mississippi, I am doing very well for a man who is going to pieces moment to moment with worry).

Heart and lungs, sound.

Barring something odd coming out of the bloodwork, I am cleared to start exercising more vigorously (I wanted a doctor's clearance before I really unleashed the lion)...I think this also means I don't have to worry about dying in the saddle during lovemaking. If I ever do that again (make love, not die).

Minor issues I presented he suggested zinc supplements, Vaseline and Neosporin (I am not kidding, and I leave this to your disgusting, perverted imaginations)

Oh yeah, prostate is fine.

It's always nice to have confirmation that you are in disgustingly robust health and have won the DNA lottery.

As the Doctor said, "Can't beat those genes."

Guess you guys are going to have to put up with me for a few more decades.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved