Monday, August 08, 2005

Read List for Next Week's Reading

I've settled on a tentative (hey, you know me...) list for my reading next Wednesday at the Morgantown Visitors and Convention Bureau for Arts Week...this is subject to change, but just for curiosity's sake, let me know if you think I'm leaving out something wonderful or including a dead puppy:

Anticipated readings will be from:

The Morgantown Suite Poems:
ISBN #1-411-63374-1, lulu.com, 2005

• I Will Walk These Streets Again
• Sonnet: A Vintage Passion
• First Date Blues
• Local Talent

From An Unexpected Quarter:
ISBN #0-595-00231-5, iUniverse, 2000

• Damascus, Movement 3
• The Darker Angels
• Cithara Song, Strummed Lightly as the Sun Leaps the Horizon
• From Out of the City

INVOCATO:
ISBN #0-411-62931-0, lulu.com, 2005

• Horizon
• Hold You
• The Fifth Song of the Amomancer
• I Rained Poetry

Love Gods of a Forgotten Religion:
ISBN #0-595-22252-8, iUniverse, 2002

• Soubrette
• Feasting on Memory
• The Patchwork Skirt of My Love
• Love Gods of a Forgotten Religion

The Compleat Panther Cycles
ISBN #1-411-63794-1, lulu.com, 2005

• PC73: The Reich of Self-Discipline
• PC13: The Panther on the Beach
• PC65: The Common Tongue
• PC74: Pride of Authorship

I decided to feature a balance of works for each of my books, with the exception of 101 Great Love Poems.

Some choices were obvious, like The Patchwork Skirt of My Love (the best Goldenheart poem, even though not in the Goldenheart Cycles), From Out of the City and Horizon.

Some, like the Fifth Song of the Amomancer and Cithara Song will certainly be subject to question, but this is my read and I'll do what I like...unless there are any particularly attractive women in the audience or anything bizarre happens the night before (that being my birthday, so you never know).

Anyway, if you can make it, great...otherwise watch this space for my report of how it goes...posted later that night.

I dropped an email to Apple earlier this evening, seeing if anyone there knows of any programs for perpetually broke but earnest artists who want to keep the true Apple faith...we shall see if I hear anything back. No bets, please...they're great people there, but they are business people, and as such the bottom line does rule, alas.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved