Monday, March 06, 2006

the un over analyzed life is...strange

conundrum.

I have a tendency to over-analyze. Over-over-analyze. Over-over-over-analyze.

Case in point. A couple of weeks ago I ran into that "unassuming smile" person...got her email address, sent her an acknowledgement of the meeting. Polite, non-threatening.

Never heard back. Which begs conclusions to be derived...

Email failure, she never got it.
She got it, but not recognizing my email address, deleted it.
She got it, read it, but saw no need to respond.
She got it, read it, responded, and there was email failure, so I never got the response.
She got it, read it, responded to it, I got the response, but didn't recognize her email signature and deleted it.
She got it, read it, responded to it, but typed in the response address and it is lost in the ether.
She got it, read it, decided I was a cretin from Mars and will sic vicious attack gerbils on me if I ever even try to speak to her again.
She got it, read it, and is still contemplating her response.
I hallucinated sending the orginal email. Nope, here it is, in my outbox. The mere fact that I just looked it up and re-read it speaks volumes of my neuroses.

And with almost all of these possibilities, there is the full spectrum of motives, submotives, interpretations and baggage that each and every action and reaction is predicated on. I need a supercomputer to calculate the nuances.

And people wonder why you can hear the gears spinning when you get close? My brain is like this 24 hours a day.

Personally, I am exhausted.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved