Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Nordette for Poet Laureate

snow.

it was 80 degrees two days ago.

today, we have snow.

well, such is life.

Got a finger-pointer from an old friend the other day, an email with a link that pointed me to independent confirmation that a "long lost" friend is alive and well. It is well. I don't have to be involved with people's lives who don't want me in them, but as long as they are happy, safe and well, I am at peace, of a sort.

I wrote last night, edits to my memoir and a few dark poems. Nothing really noteworthy.

I nominated Nordette Adams for POET LAUREATE OF THE BLOGOSPHERE. I had to...someone nominated me and Nordette seems the best candidate off the top of my head to beat me in the election. (For a time, after the dissolution of my first marriage, as the Panther was named 'Lauri", there was a joke online that I was...wait for the punch line..."the poet lauri ate" (sometimes abbreviated 'poetlauri8'. Heee.)

Why don't I want the job? I'm a hooker, not a pimp. I spread my legs of eloquence, I don't like being the marketing manager with the funny hat. Nordette is better at that than I am. Besides, the Pope doesn't want to be President. And I already have a perfecty fine sobriquet in ROMANTIC POET OF THE INTERNET.

I've heard from a few poets interested in my concept of a Church of Poetry. As an ordained minister, all I would have to do is sign here, initial here and put up a website to make it happen. Don't think that I won't (the surest way to get me anywhere, besides seduction, is to tell me it can't be done...everyone said that THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES as a single volume was impossible. I eat impossible things for lunch. I like the impossible.)

Amusing link of the day: Vampire Condoms. I might actually invest in some, one day, if I ever break out of my angst-ridden monk stage (you know that's going to happen, you just have to wonder who the poor/lucky woman is going to be...E.J., I hear, has a betting pool going on who and when. Put me down for twenty bucks, September, after I am exposed to the Santa Ana Winds again...) But I just thought it was an interesting product, if underdeveloped on its own website (and actually cheaper on other websites!)

2 comments:

Ms. Adams said...

Wiliam said, "Why don't I want the job? I'm a hooker, not a pimp. I spread my legs of eloquence, I don't like being the marketing manager with the funny hat. Nordette is better at that than I am. Besides, the Pope doesn't want to be President. And I already have a perfecty fine sobriquet in ROMANTIC POET OF THE INTERNET."

Nordette responded, "First, thank you, William, but naturally I will blog this as 'William DeVault nominates me for POET PIMP OF THE BLOGOSPHERE.'

Under these circumstances, I certainly hope someone else is elected. I doubt my logging such a post will get me votes. What's this Poet Laureate of the Blogosphere about anyway? It's been my experience that on the Web, people vote for folks they know in their own circles who are members of the site or organization doing the promotion."

Your post on this contest reminds me of my post "Goddess Evolution" or why I am no longer a bitch but a goddess. Anyone can be a bitch.

But again, thank you for the nomination. I love a funny hat.

*smooches*

Ms. Adams said...

Ooops, William. I didn't mean the "Goddess Evolution" post. I meant this one: "Bitchalicious Bloggers for Bush."

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved