Thursday, March 16, 2006

April 22nd - Barnes and Noble and I make peace

Well, that went surprisingly well.

I called our local Barnes and Noble this morning to speak with the CRM. I wanted to see about doing a reading during National Poetry Month.

The young lady in question, her name is Chanda, was exceedingly sweet. She informed me that they were having some open microphone readings for NPM. I told her that I usually only do open micropohone readings when either a) I am hosting or b) I am in under cover of a false name to try out new material (but it only takes one person in the crowd to recognize you to mess that up).

She looked up my books, set me up with a signing and reading for April 22, and ordered copies of both THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES and 101 GREAT LOVE POEMS. I talked her out of LOVE GODS OF A FORGOTTEN RELIGION, which is technically off the market, anyway (I can't ask publishers and distributors to burn their stock, can I?)

So, if you are in the Morgantown area on April 22nd and want an autographed copy of TCPC or 101GLP, or just want to touch the hem of my garments, feel free to drop by the Barnes and Noble in Granville. I may even get Tag to tag along.

Oh, I also promised her that if she gets the Starbucks in their store to carry Jasmine Tea, I will show up for one of the open microphones events.

I'm so easy.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved