Monday, March 27, 2006

decisions

I have a proposal on my desk, an alternative to current publishing plans I've been quite public about, that I am pondering. I hate indecision, I'd almost rather make a quick judgement and be done with it and maybe be wrong than agonize over it.

The original plan (plan A):

INVOCATO is withdrawn from circulation, May 2006.
THEOCRICIDE as a large, coffee-table sized book, with approximately 750 works, publication in May or June of this year. lulu.com
101 GREAT EROTIC POEMS as a matched book to my earlier 101 GREAT LOVE POEMS, 101 poems (of course) and issued in both softcover and hardback editions, August or September this year. iUniverse.com.
RONIN IN THE TEMPLE OF APHRODITE as a standard-sized softcover book, approximately 200 works, publication in November. lulu.com.

Feasibility study (plan B):

INVOCATO stays where and as it is.
THEOCRICIDE as a lean, coffee-table format book, approximately 250 works, publication in June. lulu.com.
101 GREAT LOVE POEMS to be reissued in August 2006, via lulu.com, with 101 GREAT EROTIC POEMS to follow in September, also via lulu.com.
RONIN IN THE TEMPLE OF APHRODITE as a standard-sized softcover book, approximately 200 works, publication in November. lulu.com.

Plan B completely weans me from iUniverse, but I may end up giving up my hardcover edition of 101GLP.

So I have much to consider. Including an early stage plan by Tag and I to start our own imprint. I'll fill you in more on that later in the week.

Oh, hello, Anthony, Alan says you'd been by the site. Nice to know you are out there. Drop me an email sometime.

W

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved