Monday, March 13, 2006

phone sex poetry and Santa Ana Winds

I had a fantastic day, yesterday.

I identified some poets I'd like to have featured on my podcast FROM OUT OF THE CITY. Including one young poet who wrote a poem about phone sex (or cyber sex, if you prefer) that matches or transcends my own AT A DISTANCE, UNDETERMINED. These are exciting times (on many planes)...more on this crew later. Hey, I've got an "explicit" tag on Apple's iTunes Music Store, might want to actually take it out for a spin from time to time.

Made the acquaintance of some previously unencountered poets, always loads of fun. I don't read too much poetry (trying to avoid the "Mozart effect"), just enough of a given poet to discover their "voice" (the most essential difference between "writing poetry" and "being a poet"). I found mine early, or it found me, I was lucky. I always liked what Benjamin Disraeli said "When I want to read a good book, I write one." After a season of having a hard time finding talent for the show, a welcome respite.

More mundane to most, but not to me, was the return of THE WEST WING to begin its death-spiral on NBC. It will be missed, but if last night;s episode, full of romantic interludes and political campaign intrigue and world events was any indication of the way this lion of a show will roar out, I'm very pleased. (Yes, I am a J/D 'shipper, what romantic could not be?)

WVU made it to the NCAA basketball tourney...6th seed in the Atlanta regional. If they play to capability, there are few teams to match them. But, lately they've been a bit flat (maybe saving it for March Madness? I don't know...we shall see...)

Thunderstorms in the forecast today. Bring 'em on...I write best in chaos.

Spoke to my ex yesterday. I told her that when we go to my daughter's wedding in September, I want to take my sons to the high desert at Joshua Tree for an outing (she's welcome to accompany us, but I figured she'd be busy...and I've been told I am an invitee to the event, not a participant, so...might as well at least babysit). I love that area, and I wanted to share it with Dante and Elric. Plus, I need to jack into it again. Every day that I am away from the Santa Ana Winds, I lose a little of myself.

Perhaps those are the "winds of an old rage" from my poem HORIZON. Joshua Tree is east of Los Angeles...hmmmm.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved