Thursday, March 09, 2006

Run over by Project Runway on my trinity cycle

Once more with ennui...

Stayed up late last night. Why? Well, a combination of factors (thank you for asking, that gives me the segue I need)...I had to pick and lay down the final reading tracks for this week's show. The winner? "The Trinity Cycle" - an interestingly orthographic look inside my brainpan. Hey, it's an "E" ticket attraction ever since my ex decided to use me for her hypnotherapy class homework...the final piece, IMHO, of the puzzle to my toolbox as a poet.

Additionally, I sandwiched the recording between viewings of the new FX series "BLACK. WHITE." (My vote? Good...but I'm waiting to see next week.) And (promise you'll respect me in the morning) the season finale of PROJECT RUNWAY. Yay! Chloe won! I wanted her or Daniel, but watching the final show I said "If I was sitting there, trying to pick a designer's clothes for a wife or lover, whose would I take?" Daniel brought some great sensibilities, and if I were a woman, his work would appeal to me most, but since I am a man and like women and like women to look good and feel good about what they are wearing, Chloe ran away with it. Heidi was right, Chloe understand a woman's body. Besides, unlike last year's winner, Jay, and third place finisher this year, Santino, she's not a pompous, whiny caricature of a fashion designer.

But I totally saw the Japanese/military fusion Daniel spoke of in his collection. I saw it and appreciated it.

Back to the recording. The introspective/metaphysical works like TRINITY are just such a pain to lay down, as to connect with them I have to crawl inside myself, and that's a total pain. Musicians can focus on the music, I have to inhabit the words. My words, and landmines in my soul and unhealed scars and conflicts that daily ravage and ravish me. Loads of fun for everyone! Step right up and see the trisected man!

The results will be up either later tonight or tomorrow, depending on how soon I heal well enough to finish the accompaniment edits. I am trying some new stuff this week . Oh, shut up. It's not like I am charging you to listen, or even forcing you to listen. If you want to be vaingloriously out of touch with the evolving edge in the digital renaissance, that's not my problem. The world needs atheists, too. So, shoo...go read some haiku.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved