Saturday, March 11, 2006

New works, book title odds and a kiss is still a kiss

THE TASTE OF A SHY SMILE is getting good responses from fellow writers, fans and readers...as is this week's podcast (haven't taken the time to listen to it, yet? How tragically unhip and illiterate of you, monkey boy!)...I am grateful, as always.

The temperature is being turned up to consider RONIN IN THE TEMPLE OF APHRODITE for the title of my next book. Long shot, kids, THEOCRICIDE was chosen for more than just its stylish perversity, it also ties into the concept of the entire book. You'll see...Daddy is not quite as barking mad as you may think. In fact, odds are good I'm the most sane person in the room.

And right now, that's you and me. Did you think I didn't keep track of where my hits come from? Don't worry, I won't tell.

Anyway, I am keeping RONIN... out of the new book, as I am saving it to headline its own book, probably next year (2007) with a unifying theme of romantic detachment. Let's face it, with my catalog, if I never write another word, you could release a book the size of THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES every year for the next two decades without having to duplicate a poem.

Pretty bitchin', no?

In fact, one of my long term goals is to release nearly every worthy poem in a book the size of TCPC, so that one could, if one was so inclined, have a very tidy bookshelf of just my works.

Other potential future book titles: 101 GREAT EROTIC POEMS, 101 GREAT METAPHYSICAL POEMS, ALCHEMY OF THE HEART, POEMS FROM HELL, RONIN IN THE TEMPLE OF APHRODITE, LOVE IS AN HOWLING BEAST, LESSER GODDESSES UNKISSED, DREAMS OF THE DAMNED, COURTESANITY and RETURN OF THE AMOMANCER.

and those are just the ones I admit to, and do not include any novels (or my viral memoir)...and are predicated on my survival to complete these projects. I won't stop, I found the switch and it was such a bitch to activate the whole machine I would never turn it off if I knew how...I'd go critical mass and explode. Too messy.

Hmmm...good name for a future muse: courtesan. Any volunteers?

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved