Monday, March 13, 2006

everyday conversations

Just had lunch with Alan, my musically-gifted-most-ancient-of-friends. We discussed, in no particular order, the effect of global warming on the health of housecats, the danger of May-December romances, our eighth grade art teacher whom I wrote a tribute to in AEI's "Art&Soul" and the slow extinction of junk shops in and around Morgantown. Oh, and the confluence of musical and lyrical rhythm and cadence.

Typical day.

Some news phrases kicking around inside my head, looking for the layers of coating that turn a grain of thought sand into a pearl of poetry.

Maybe I shall write again, sooner or later. Probably sooner.

Wow...really out of it...maybe a brief nap. Usually this kind of phasing in and out means my preconscious wants a word with me. I wonder what it is, this time?

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved