Wednesday, March 08, 2006

National Poetry Month evolving as the goblins attack

I'll have official dates and times later, but it looks like I will definitely be reprising previous readings at the Books A Million in Morgantown and the Book and Bean Coffehouse in Fairmont (both in West Virginia) during National Poetry Month. I am trying to get at least Tag to throw in with me for one of the readings, he's got a book coming out soon and he needs to get pimping.

I'd love to do something at Fairmont State and of course at West Virginia Wesleyan (they have said such nice things about me on their library website) and something in Charleston, maybe I need to call down there and trade in some old favours. WVU? They've made it clear that I am a non-entity. I don't blame them. My hook shot is lame and I can't center pivot for a damn. Let's keep things in perspective.

I have promised some fans in the DC area I'd pick a venue...so I'm pondering a few...New York will probably have to wait until the Summer Tour, unless someone wants to talk filthy lucre. I mean really, truly, offensively nasty money. At least twice as many numbers to the left of the decimal point as to the right. You know my cell number. I shouldn't have turned down the sex club offer back in 2002, the money was good and the benefits might have been interesting.

E.J. tells me he sent word to Morgantown High that I would be happy to drop by during that month, and he got a polite response indicating they'd refer the matter ot the head of the English Department, but that he has heard no follow up. So we'll call that a no...Maybe I can send back my diploma so I don't have to claim to have graduated from there anymore? (laughing) Hey, why do you think I was gone for a couple of decades?

Oh, to answer a question an old friend from Venice asked, I will do the Topanga Run when I am in LA for my daughter's wedding. I'll just wait until AFTER the wedding, just in case...

Just listened to the first edit of this week's show...hmmmm...needs something. Something...arch. Let me see what I have hidden in my black marble and chrome tower. La di dee dee....okay, got it (blowing dust from old folder)...my most arcane works, those made with an alchemy of adrenaline, testosterone and blood on base metals...got to be something in here...

I'll get back to you, the goblins are kicking around in the attic, trying to steal it back. I need to go...they're gnawing on my power cables...here's one now:

Hey, I never said my goblins were ugly, nasty male imps...you just assumed.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved