Friday, March 24, 2006

Mari Laureano's THE FAIRYTALE JOURNALS

Got my copy of Mari Laureano's latest collection of poetry THE FAIRYTALE JOURNALS.

Mari, you astound me. Your voice, as a poet of both the erotic and the hearth, is very mature now, very confident, very powerful. My only quibble with the entire volume (besides the fact my name is nowhere to be seen so I can't take any credit for this book) is that the picture of you on the rear cover does not do you justice.

Congratulations, Mari, we will get you on my show ASAP.

Stayed up late last night working on this week's podcast, which I am dubbing "9-1/2 poets" because of the last minute absence of Gertrude Stein...but have no fear, I am planning a complete show around the remarkable Ms. Stein next month.

National Poetry Month is almost upon us! Run! Run! Run! ...to your nearest bookstore and get yourself some poetry.

Or, to paraphrase

CELEBRATE NATIONAL POETRY MONTH:
Go Out and Inspire Great Works

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved