Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Kisses for Karma: World Premiere

Okay, people, here it is...raising the bar again...there are days I hate myself for this sort of thing.

Kisses for Karma

The full text of the poem is:

kisses for karma
dreams of the damned
lost in the silence
as doorways are slammed

where is my goddess
what is my dream
where is the promise
that answers the theme

shall I seduce you
or am I too late
as you slide from my rescue
rejecting your fate

kisses for karma
dreams of the damned
lost in the silence
as doorways are slammed

I am forever
bound to your light
let this be more
than a memory of night

kisses for karma
dreams of the damned
lost in the silence
as doorways are slammed


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.


watch out for the horns and harmonica, they sneak up on you.

This piece will be a major part of this week's podcast, but I decided to make it available as "a single" for those who just want it for their players or computers. I'm really quite pleased...hmmm...pleased...more like delighted. Okay, confused and bewildered that I made something that sounded this good.

The poem is actually subject to two different readings, and to be honest it is actually both at the same time: Wistful and hopeful, while at the same time tragic and wounded. The story of my life, so far.

1 comments:

Billy Jones said...

I just wanted to say I listened to this piece and was quite impressed, this is really great work.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved