Monday, March 20, 2006

more from the mus(ic)

Relooping the background music for the piece I am working on for FROM OUT OF THE CITY and new words are just flowing. Still playing with the horn stings, but the electric harp, guitar, piano and drums are melting into something that was always there, just waiting to be uncovered.

To share what's bubbling up:

where is my goddess
what is my dream
where is the promise
that answers the theme

shall I seduce you
or am I too late
as you slide from my rescue
rejecting your fate

kisses for karma
dreams of the damned
lost in the silence
as doorways are slammed

I am forever
bound to your light
let this be more
than a memory of night


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

Sounds like a return to mid-70's thematics and structuring, although a little spare for my usual constructions, but some nice bits in there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you. I thought you said you're a shy one. Do shy men know the art of seduction? Is it shy or is it sneaky? ;-)

William F. DeVault said...

Shy...painfully so, but not lacking an id, you know.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved