Sunday, January 01, 2006

My New Year's Battleplan - Resolutions - Rough Precognitive Outline

Okay, here's my list of events for the year. Take them cum grano salis, as they are based on what I have planned at this time (last year at this time, I planned two books for 2005...I ended up with three, for instance, as I had no inkling I would find the emotional reserves to do THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES).

1. THEOCRICIDE (new book) due in April, 2006

2. 101 Great Erotic Poems (new book) due in August 2006

3. Attending my daughter's wedding in September in Los Angeles (this gives the riff raff time to clear out). While there, eat at the Pierview. I miss their fish and chips. Someone said they're closed...if so...sigh. All things turn brown then black then grey.

4. Touring, coast to coast, May-June, 2005. I'll probably be kicking off in New York.

5. Retreading my podcast center to my own servers, so things don't get moved around on me.

6. Have some amusing upheaval in my personal life, but I hate making predictions in that arena.

7. The withdrawal of FROM AN UNEXPECTED QUARTER and LOVE GODS OF A FORGOTTEN RELIGION from distribution on February 12th (I already know someone who is buying a load of them..."used" copies of PANTHEON quadrupled in value when I pulled them).

8. Take guitar lessons so I can play the key riffs for my recitations.

9. Take my mojo out of cold storage.

10. Do something outrageous for Valentine's Day, and something just as outrageous for National Poetry Month.

11. Give that tenth speech for Toastmasters so I can get my pin (I did 9, then got derailed).

12. Another thirty pounds...ready? One and two and one and two.

13. Make sure my boys know I love 'em and am proud of them.

By the way, it isn't even noon yet today and already this is the highest traffic day cityoflegends.com's history. Something must be going right. I'm not talking a 10% uptick...I'm talking a week's worth in a morning. Boo ya.

Oh, by the way, I feel pretty damn good today. Feral and alive.

Thanks God, I'll work on doing even a little better this next year...I appreciate the opportunity. If there's anything else you need from me, just whisper.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Also, to find me 20 million dollars for Camp Sunshine.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved